What to know about using flexible magnets
The easy manipulation of flexible magnets permits design innovations and automated manufacturing techniques not possible with rigid or brittle materials. Flexible magnet materials can be bent, twisted, coiled, slit, punched, and otherwise machined into almost any shape without loss of magnetic energy.
Flexible magnets can be customized for use everywhere from offices to warehouses, garages to craft tables, and restaurants to classrooms. Adams can fabricate flexible magnets to your final desired size and color. We can also tell you right now how many pieces of your final size magnet you can get out of a 200 SF roll of magnetic sheet. And how much your order will weigh based on how many pieces you want. Just open our sheet size calculator and plug in the size and total quantity, and we’ll tell you how many pieces per roll and the approximate weight of the shipment.
Common applications for flexible magnet
- Toys and games
- Arts and crafts
- Labeling projects
- Window and door seals
- Control charts
- Package closures
- Large Format Graphics
- Interchangeable Graphics
- Magnet Wall Systems
- Control Charts / Menu Boards
Adams Magnetic Products provides the following flexible magnet resources to provide specifications and information about our flexible magnet products. Each specifications sheet can be downloaded and printed for your reference. Please check back often for updated information, and contact Adams Magnetic if you cannot find the information you are looking for.
- NEW! Adams ClingMAG magnet sheet for signs
- Adams Magnetic Products standard magnetic strip (selection & specifications PDF)
- Adams Magnetic Products matched pole strip (product flyer PDF)
- Adams Magnetic Products flexible magnetic sheet (selection & specifications PDF)
- Adams Magnetic Products MAGBond® Magnet Media System (system components & specifications PDF)
- Adams Magnetic Products MegaMAG® Wide Format Direct Print Magnet Sheet (product flyer PDF)
- Contact Adams Magnetic Products
- Flexible Magnet Sheet Calculator
At Adams Magnetic Products, our most commonly used adhesive types are:
- Adams standard rubber-based indoor adhesive (R428 specifications)
- High tack acrylic outdoor adhesive (PDF Edgewater P201 specifications)
However, we can supply our magnets with almost any type of adhesive available, including foam and permanent/removable adhesive. Please click to view and download the following specifications for adhesives used upon request with Adams flexible magnets.
- High-performance acrylic-based adhesive (3M 468MP specifications)
- 1/16” thick foam coated rubber based adhesive (SpecBond SB116W specifications)
- 1/32” thick foam adhesive (SpecBond SB132W specifications)
- Acrylic transfer tape good for low surface energy applications (9672LE specifications)
- High tack 1.2 mil rubber indoor adhesive (1178XT specifications)
- High tack 2 mil rubber indoor adhesive (1111XT specifications)
Please be sure to test the adhesive you choose before using it in production. The user is responsible for determining whether the adhesive fits a particular purpose and is suitable for the user’s application.
Cleaning and Storage Recommendations
Flexible magnets left on a vehicle over extended periods of time may become difficult to remove. Also, flexible magnets on vehicles left in direct sunlight may become bonded to the paint surface if not removed and cleaned regularly. Please download our flexible magnet cleaning and storage recommendations for more information.
More Flexible Magnet Resources
GreenMAG Recyclable Printable Sheet
GreenMAG uses a durable printable coating applied directly to our magnet sheet, eliminating the need for a laminated print surface. This makes it completely recyclable. Available up to 40″ wide.
Adams Stock Products Catalog 2018
We are delighted to share our 2018 catalog with you. We’ve added updated information about our fabrication capabilities, available in Elmhurst, IL and Carlsbad, CA. We’ve also added new neodymium holding assemblies, a MAGbond
Magnetic Media System overview, and high energy wide-format magnetic sheet (40″ wide and still printable!). If you’d prefer to receive a hard copy of this catalog, let us know.
Adams ClingMAG Magnet Sheet with Micro-Suction
ClingMAG™ combines two separate holding technologies, magnetic holding force, and micro-suction holding force to produce a thinner and lighter magnet that addresses potential challenges with magnet signage. The micro-suction silicon
layer on the back helps to reduce magnet particle migration
while it increases the holding force of the magnet, keeping it from sliding.
Flexible Magnet Cleaning and Storage
High Tack 2 mil Rubber Indoor Adhesive
High Tack 1.2 mil Rubber Indoor Adhesive
Acrylic Transfer Tape Good for Low Surface Energy Applications
1/32” Thick Foam Adhesive
1/16” Thick Foam Coated Rubber Based Adhesive
High-Performance Acrylic-Based Adhesive
High Tack Acrylic Outdoor Adhesive
MegaMAG® Wide Format Direct Print Magnet Sheet
Adams MEGAMAG™ Wide Format Magnet Sheet comes up to 50″ wide, and now in stronger high energy magnet material. It’s available plain, or with adhesive, or printable white matte vinyl, or white dry erase laminate.