Adams is a custom manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of all types of permanent magnets and magnetic assemblies supporting automation. We have been engineering and manufacturing magnetic products since 1950. Let us put our experience and knowledge to work for you by employing our highly-skilled technical experts to help solve your magnetic needs, whether you need a magnet to use with a Hall effect sensor in a speed or position sensing application or a customized torque coupling assembly. We have experience with hundreds of magnet applications, so challenge us with yours.
Local Fabrication and Testing Capabilities
Adams has warehousing, fabrication, and magnet test labs in our ISO 9001:2015 certified facilities in Elmhurst, IL, and Carlsbad, CA, and we can offer short lead and transit times as well as industry leading OTD performance from coast to coast.
In addition to thousands of stock standard shapes and sizes, we offer custom fabrication services to deliver the magnet you need based on your specifications. We fabricate assemblies of ferrous and non-ferrous materials, large to small, and everything in between.
Our technical experts are here to help solve your magnetic requirements including material selection and optimization to determine the most cost-effective material for your application.
- Application and Design Engineering Assistance
- Testing and Analysis of Magnetic Materials
- Magnetic Circuit Analysis / FEA
- Holding Force Calculations
- Value Analysis / Value Engineering Support
- Inventory Management Programs
- Magnetizing and Calibration
- Insert and Over-molding Designs Capability
- Quick Turn Samples and Short Run Production
Our locations in Chicago and San Diego allow our North American customers to receive product faster with lower freight costs. We can work seamlessly with your lean replenishment programs, employing JIT, Kanban, Dock-to-Stock, etc., to ensure your magnets are available when you need them.
Examples of automation related projects we work on:
- Magnets used in servo motors
- Magnets used in linear actuators
- Magnets used in Sensors galore! Hall effect switches, Reed switches, variable reluctance switches, proximity sensors
- Magnetic encoders
- Magnetic couplers: Synchronous, Hysteresis, Eddy-Current
Tags: hall effect sensors, magnets for automation, magnets for sensors