We are seeking an Applications Engineer to work in either our corporate headquarters in Elmhurst, IL or in Carlsbad, CA.
The Applications Engineer is responsible for all aspects of our products and their associated applications and uses. This includes working with customers to determine specific requirements and system implementations. This position works closely with operations, sales and quality assurance teams as well as end customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and application leadership in Adams product portfolio.
- Maintain a professional business relationship with all customer contacts and sales representatives.
- Review customer RFQ information (prints, solid models, material specifications, volumes, timing, etc.) and develop an effective and comprehensive plan summarized in a cost model format.
- Develop prints for quotes providing the customer with a clear depiction of our dimensional/tolerance capabilities as well as any cost reduction ideas.
- Meet with customers (in person, virtual or via phone) for technical reviews.
- Occasionally travel to tradeshows, conferences and customer locations to support sales team in the development of new programs and/or working relationships.
- Assist in the quoting, manufacturing, and delivery of engineering and prototype samples.
- Provide technical assistance to customers and sales team.
- Create test reports for submission to customers.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or 5 years’ experience in magnetic circuit design.
- Experience within the Permanent magnet industry preferred.
- Proven track record of accomplishments in (or some exposure to) the areas of continuous improvement (Lean/Six Sigma), product launches, capital equipment purchases, root cause analysis, and corrective actions.
- Advanced analytical skills demonstrated in the analysis and definition of complex systems.
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of working independently and able to drive concepts to completion.
- Excellent organization, presentation, oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to effect constructive contributions from team members and collaborate across multi-disciplinary functions (engineering, sales, operations, etc.).
- Experience trouble-shooting customer complaints and resolving through coordinated multifunctional team efforts.
- Strong attention to detail, and excellent organization and time management skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with Epicor a plus.
This is a full-time position with a base salary range of $95,000 to $135,000 plus bonus plus benefits. The range is determined by the position, geographic location, and experience level. Individual pay within the range is determined by several factors including location, education or training, relevant work history, and job-related skills.
Diversity and Inclusion
Adams Magnetic Products is a collection of employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives that all come together to make us a better Company. It is our goal to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and promote a diverse group of people.