Adams Magnetic Products has come a long way since opening the doors of its Chicago facility in 1950, but some things haven’t changed. The company’s commitment to integrity, respect, excellence, and responsibility has kept customers coming back again and again for the last 70 years, resulting in some pretty incredible partnerships and some seriously impressive statistics. From the Hubble telescope and the space shuttle to Harley Davidson motorcycles and more, Adams magnets can be found at the bottom of the ocean, on the open road, in outer space, and everywhere in between. In fact, 90% of this year’s Fortune 500 companies have ordered Adams magnets!
To celebrate this septuagenarian milestone, we’ve compiled Adams by the Numbers 2020 featuring seven fun anniversary facts. Check out our list to find out why we’re counting on (at least!) another 70 years of success:
- 4– Number of times the magnet strips we’ve sold would stretch around the equator.
- 100+ – Number of lifesaving safety and medical products incorporating Adams magnets into their designs, including centrifugal heart pumps and magnetic CSF shunts.
- 700+ – Years of collective magnet experience of our current staff, driven in no small part by our President Scott Lewis, who’s been with the company for 25 years.
- 1000+ – Number of NDA-protected, top-secret projects utilizing Adams magnets. Shhh!
- 100,000+ – Customers served including household names like NASA, General Motors, and Walgreens
- 1,000,000+ – Number of magnets Adams has in stock at any given time.
- 1,000,000,000+ – Number of magnets sold by Adams, including the original round base magnet – developed by Adams over 60 years ago, a long-time best-seller, with over 1,000,000 units sold last year alone.
Founded in 1950 by Leo Weinstein (who named it Adams to be first in the phone book!), Adams Magnetic Products is a custom manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of all types of permanent magnets, magnet assemblies, and devices. Our magnets are used in guitar pickups, hall effect sensors, package closures, motor applications, point of purchase displays, signage, and countless other products and applications. Committed to innovation, Adams is the original inventor of the magnet round base assembly process, harnessing the power of a ceramic magnet to make it 32x stronger and allowing for attached mechanisms for additional functionality.
On this, our 70th anniversary, Adams Magnetic Products remains committed to partnering with our customers to harness and direct the power of magnetism in a way that supports innovation, the growth of industry, and sustainable energy initiatives.