Samarium Cobalt (SmCo) disc magnets are powerful magnets rare earth magnets composed of samarium and cobalt. They are commonly used in high performance motors, magnetic couplings and magnetic separators. These are brittle magnets and are prone to cracking and chipping. Samarium magnets can be used for high temperature applications where neodymium will not work.
• Samarium cobalt magnets are hard and brittle and may chip or break if dropped.
• They have high magnetic properties
• Samarium cobalt magnets offer good thermal stability
• Samarium cobalt magnets are resistant to corrosion
• Samarium cobalt magnets resistant to demagnetization
Dimensions are listed in inches. Items list below are supplied magnetized through the thickness. Additional sizes, magnetization methods, and grade choices are available upon request and may be on hand from stock. Contact us at 800-763-4795 if you don't see what you're looking for in this brief listing.
Several factors must be considered to assure the effective performance of the magnet, the adhesive and the resulting bond. These include the chemical and physical properties of the magnets and the surfaces to which they are affixed. Detailed coverage of all these factors, along with some adhesives to try, is covered in our white paper Gluing Magnets.